We’re super excited to usher in 2017 with new content! Before we get into details let’s recap some of the best moments of 2016:
- Signing the Student Privacy Pledge. ScootPad has always made student privacy our #1 priority!
- EdSurge took a deep dive into 23 different tools to analyze how each tool adapts or responds to a learner in real-time. ScootPad was recognized as the only adaptive tool that enables sequence and assessment for both Math and ELA in grades K-8 while being accessible from anywhere and at any time on any mobile/desktop device.
- Improvements in the review process for Spelling assignments and the addition of adaptive eBooks learning paths.
- We introduced ScootHub, our new and more simple integration feature that allows you to seamlessly launch your ScootPad account from your existing LMS/SIS system such as Schoology, ClassLink, Engrade, and Canvas.
- Launching the new Content Exchange with brand new assessment content and item authoring capability!
- Motivate your students with bonus coins!
- Releasing Practice 2.0 for grades K-5 in BETA
Onward and Upward in 2017
Practice 2.0 is a game changer. This will be our new platform starting in SY 17/18. New features and terms such as the Knowledge Map, diagnostic assessment, dynamic scaffolding, human voice read-aloud, targeted practice and mastery checks will make student mastery of the standards better than ever. Stay tuned for more details in subsequent posts!
Thanks for continuing to choose us, support us, and give us feedback. Bring on 2017 and make sure to subscribe to the blog for updated information!
The season of joy, giving, and hot cocoa is upon us, and we at ScootPad would like to wish you Happy Holidays!
We are so delighted to be going into this magical season knowing that we have your support – it is the best gift we could ever receive. Thank you for helping make ScootPad possible!
Our hope is for you all to use this special time to spend with loved ones, be in the present, and of course, get lots of rest. The ScootPad team will be doing the same, and we wanted to update you on our Holiday support hours. We will be out celebrating the Holidays December 19 – January 1. Our phone, live chat, and email support will be unavailable but don’t worry, we’ll be ready to help as always starting January 2nd.
Warmest wishes to your friends and family!
A great way to reward students for hard work or motivate them to keep trying their best is to award them bonus coins for completed assignments. Adding coins to assignments is easy and here is how it works:
- Launch your classroom
- On the left menu, click Math/ELA > Practice 1.0. Click Assignments
- To the far right of the assignment, click the eye icon under Actions
- On the left, select a student (or browse through all students on the right)
- On the right, click on the Edit button on the right hand side of the feedback box
- In the pop-up, fill in Grade, Comments, and Coins and then mark Reviewed
- Click Save
- If you’d like to add the same grade/feedback/coins to multiple students at once: On the left side, select the students, then above the list of students click the green Review & Feedback button
Similarly, for Spelling, eBooks, Writing, Reading Log, and Projects:
- Go to the respective Assignments page
- Click on the eye icon for the assignment
- Then click the Edit button to add coins and feedback
Now your students will feel extra-appreciated for their hard work! They can then use their coins to play games, redeem rewards, choose a new wallpaper, and more!
To help you better engage your students on ScootPad, we have made several improvements to the Class Wall!
1. You and your students can post more than just text! Both teachers and students can post images, URLs, and videos. Want to try it out now? Follow these steps to post a video.
2. Based on your suggestions, we’ve made the spell check function less strict, allowing students to post messages that may contain mistakes or words not recognized in the dictionary.
Note: Inappropriate words (if spelled correctly) will be blocked. Additionally, the only single letters that are allowed are the letters “i” and “a” – this is to prevent students from spelling out an inappropriate word with spaces in between the letters. Computer-savvy students may be able to figure out other creative ways to post inappropriate words, therefore we strongly encourage you to be vigilant of what your students are posting!
3. Students can encourage each other by giving a thumbs-up to a classmate’s post. They also have the ability to flag a post, should they see an inappropriate message. If a post is flagged 5 times, you will be notified to review it.
Students can “like” a classmate’s post
Students can flag an inappropriate post
We hope with these improvements you enjoy better engagement with your students on ScootPad!
The ScootPad Team
We’re super excited to announce the release of our new assessment content! Each standard (across grades K-8 in math and ELA) now has many assessment questions available (100+ in some cases) in various TEI formats and DOK Levels.
These questions are fully aligned to the standard with varying levels of DOK (Depth of Knowledge Level 1-4). You can now use the filters to search for questions at your desired level of DOK.
Moreover, all questions are developed using the 50 tech enhanced question formats with a minimum of 5 formats per standard – such as drag and drop, graphs, reorder paragraphs, and more! You can now use the filters to search for questions of your desired TEI format.
You can either browse the question bank and handpick your favorite questions for an assessment. Or, you can auto-generate an assessment and let ScootPad pick the questions for you based on the concepts you want. Ready to create an assessment? Follow these steps
from our Help Center.
We hope that you enjoy the enhanced assessment content! If you’d like to learn more about Assessments and the Content Exchange, please see our blog post
The ScootPad Team
Based on feedback from teachers and other educators, we’re happy to release several improvements to the Assignment Review page for Spelling!
Here’s what we improved on:
1. You can review multiple student results at once. Instead of clicking each student one-by-one, you can see all their scores and results on one page.
2. You can give feedback to multiple students at once. If you have the same feedback to give all or some of your students, select those students and enter the feedback for all of them in one go.
3. You can reassign the assignment to a student or multiple students. For students who have scored below expectations, this is a quick way to have them do the assignment again.
4. You can review results by student or by word and easily identify which words or students need some attention.
5. You can print your students’ submissions and their feedback details for your records, or for your students to take home to show their parents.
We hope these improvements help you more efficiently review your students’ results! Be on the lookout for similar improvements to the Assignments Review page for Reading Log, Projects, eBooks, Writing, Math & ELA in the coming days.
If you have any questions, start a live chat from your account or email us at email@example.com.
The ScootPad Team
Today we’re excited to announce the release dates of the upcoming product improvements and new features that are scheduled to be available over the next several weeks.
Summary of these major releases:
- Enhanced Assessment Content: 30th Sep 2016
- New Practice 2.0 Feature: 31st Oct 2016
- New Lessons Feature: 18th Nov 2016
- New Curricula & Standards: 16th Dec 2016
For more details, please review the included Google slides.
Stay tuned for more details and learn how to start using these new features with your students. Hope you’ll love these new features as much as we do.
The ScootPad Team