Recently we added 400+ new eBooks for students to read and listen to as a part of their personalized learning path in Mosaic™ by ACT® Adaptive Academic Learning. The new eBooks were carefully curated and screened to enhance each student’s pathway to mastery by our team of professional educators.
What’s New and Improved!
- Audio Features – allowing English-language learners, as well as younger and struggling readers ways to engage in text, gain exposure to more words, and ultimately improve skills
- More current books – providing readers with modern texts
- Better targeted to the right readers – using enhanced metadata
- Shorter formats – providing teachers with more actionable data
- Curated and balanced subject matter – between literary and non-fiction content
- New drop-down menus – for selecting and assigning the eBooks
- Contextual questions – helping teachers better understand which reading strategies students are applying
As the second part of the release we’d like to point out some updates to your experience.
As of April 2021
- All prior eBooks have been replaced with a comparable one. Each is grade-level appropriate, even if it is under 250 words and no Lexile level can be determined.
- Audio features are now available in 43% of the collection. Double what was available before.
- We’ve moved the eBook comprehensive questions to a contextual question format to help teachers better understand which strategies students are applying during independent reading. Note: Current customers should have seen an email when we made the move over to 100% contextual question formatting.
Thank you for being part of our Adaptive Academic Learning community. We strive to make the Mosaic by ACT solution tailored to your needs and deliver an even better experience for your students. Know that your feedback and engagement is a major driver for future enhancements. We hope you continue to enjoy the eBooks as an engaging and results-driven feature in the platform.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team by clicking the orange “Help” button on the home page of Mosaic by ACT.
Your Mosaic by ACT Team