In honor of National Reading Month and to motivate all ages to read every day, the team at Mosaic™ by ACT® Adaptive Academic Learning is excited to announce a new eBook experience. As of Friday, February 26, there are 400+ new eBooks for your students to read and listen to as part of their personalized learning path. These eBooks are designed to enhance individual learning pathways and achieve student mastery.
What’s new and improved!
- Audio Features – allowing English-language learners, as well as younger and struggling readers ways to engage in text, gain exposure to more words, and ultimately improve skills
- More current books – providing readers with modern texts
- Better targeted to the right readers – using enhanced metadata
- Shorter Formats – providing teachers with more actionable data
- Curated and balanced subject matter – between literary and non-fiction content
- New drop-down menus – for selecting and assigning eBooks
- Contextual questions – helping teachers better understand which reading strategies students are applying
Items to note.
- Our team of professional educators have carefully curated and screened each eBook to be grade-level appropriate, even if it is under 250 words and no Lexile level can be determined.
- Audio features are available today in one-third of the collection. More will be added in future releases.
- We are migrating the eBook comprehensive questions to contextual questions. For an interim period, we will offer both the old comprehension questions and the new contextual questions. We will send out an additional email when we have migrated over to 100% contextual question formatting.
Do I need to do anything?
In mid-April, you will need to create new eBook Learning Paths for your students. Teachers may want to note data from each student’s Learning Path now, as the data from previous Learning Paths will no longer be available, once the library enhancements have been completed. We will send you an email reminder and instructions before the mid-April date.
Thank you for being part of the Mosaic by ACT Adaptive Academic Learning community. We strive to make the Mosaic by ACT solution tailored to your needs and deliver an even better experience for your students. Know that your feedback and engagement is a major driver for future enhancements. We hope you enjoy today’s unveiling of the Mosaic by ACT Adaptive Academic Learning eBooks.
To learn how to use these new eBooks don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team by clicking the orange Help button on the home page of Mosaic by ACT.
Your Mosaic by ACT Team