We are ending the the 19/20 School Year with awesome news! If you’ve been following us, you may have seen the announcement earlier this week that ScootPad is now a part of the ACT team. We are super excited! Expect that the same awesome service that you have come to know will continue and will only get better. Click here for the press release, and make sure to read below to close out the school year!
1. Printing and Downloading Data
The choice is yours! While we are overwhelmingly biased to viewing reports and dashboards online, we understand the need to print and even download. So guess what? You have both options! We’ve made it super easy for you to print or download student data. Simply launch your class and navigate to reports. Below we detail the suggested actions, reports, and what you can expect and if you click here we walk you through it in a short 11-minute video.
- Export Practice and Assessment Data: Click on Download data. Once the file has completed we will notify you via email. Come back to the download data page in a couple of minutes and voila! Output: Student practice data for every concept worked on, including remediated concepts.
- Print Assessment Growth Report– Click on Assessment report. Filter by student and subject. Click on the print icon. Output: For each standard assessed, you will see growth across assessments in a bar graph. Great for a student’s IEP portfolio!
- Print Student Activity Report– Click on Activity Dashboard. Change the date to reflect the past school year. Output: Comprehensive view of Math questions and facts, ELA questions, Spelling words, and eBook pages read for each student. Clicking on details allows you to drill down by student.
Don’t worry admins. You can also download school or district level practice data pretty quickly. Check out the short video below. When you’re ready, launch your site, navigate to Data>Reports>Download Data. Select the specific schools (district admin) or classrooms (school admin). Once the file has completed we will notify you via email. Come back to the download data page in a couple of minutes for the file.
2. Enabling Summer Learning Paths
Check your subscription expiration to ensure students’ can have unlimited practice over the Summer! Summer Learning can be managed by teachers or admins. Want more info? Click here to schedule a quick call with us to review your Summer school implementation or click here for a helpful DIY 5-minute video. With COVID-19 still in full swing, we are pretty confident we can assist with any and all virtual plans in the near future.
“I love it! I used it for my 4th graders from mid-April until the end of the year.Then, I asked my student families if they would like their child to stay on my class roster for the summer. 8 students enrolled until August 18th and participated daily.”
–Ms. Adams, MI school
3. Create rewards for students to redeem their coins
Coins are tied to the classroom in which they are earned, so encourage your students to use their coins on games and/or fun, end-of-the-year rewards. Consider giving away old posters, books, or supplies for coins! Add a reward with just a few clicks!
“I love how compact ScootPad is for elementary school students. Having so many tools all in one app is amazing! The students love earning coins to buy rewards that I have set up and educational games already set up by ScootPad. Thanks ScootPad!!”
–Mr. Ahlborn, ID school
4. RSVP for FREE Summer Virtual BootCamp (PD)!
The Virtual BootCamp season kicks off in June and you are invited! 🙂 Virtual BootCamp is so popular that this year we are hosting Teacher BootCamp and Admin BootCamp! Become experts at ScootPad and be prepared for what the Fall holds! There will be weekly sessions and you can easily RSVP to hold your seat. The Teacher sessions will feature cool topics around remediation, instruction, and distance learning effectiveness. The Admin sessions will feature topics around curriculum management, progress monitoring, and implementation effectiveness.
To learn more and RSVP, click the link below specific to your role in ScootPad. Please note that BootCamp is delivered over 2 days and each part requires a separate registration. You will experience instruction, hands-on play, adequate breaks and a participant guide.
Teachers [Click here for agenda, dates, and times]
Administrators [Click here for agenda, dates, and times]
“I like the fact. that we logged in as teachers first and then as students to see it n the eyes of the students. Excellent boot camp ( hands-on) and very interactive”
-Mr. Windokun, Van Nuys MS, LAUSD, CA
Summer is a time to relax, have fun, and recharge for the new school year. We’re still here to help you if you have any questions over the summer. Send us an email via your account or check in with us on Twitter!
Happy Summer and stay safe!
The ScootPad Team