ScootPad releases updates every few weeks, sometimes with small changes and sometimes with big ones. This release will wrap up 2018 as we forge ahead with even more exciting changes in 2019. Today’s updates include:
- Ability to connect more than one parent (or guardian) to a student
- Ability for admins to easily assign or remove classroom co-teachers
- Ability to view comprehensive usage by teacher for any period of time
- Ability for admins to see if students are engaged in a classroom
- Ability to easily locate school and district shared content
- 5-minute game restriction per student attempt
1) Ability to connect more than one parent (or guardian) to a student:
Increasing parental engagement in ScootPad keeps parents in the loop while also saving tons of trees since parents have a window directly into their student’s account! Now you are able to connect more than one parent (or guardian) to a student. Click here to learn how. Thanks Mr. Broker from Lincoln School in Nepal for this awesome suggestion!
2) Ability for admins to easily assign or remove classroom co-teachers
Admins, we’re looking at you here. Your role is critical and we want it to be super easy to get your users up and running. Therefore, adding co-teachers is a task which you are also able to accomplish, saving teachers tons of time 🙂 Click here to learn more. Many thanks to the admin team at ACCEL schools in OH and countless other admins for this suggestion!
3) Ability to view comprehensive usage by teacher for any period of time
Upon launching the school, admins can now filter the usage report by teacher. Change the time frame and view metrics such as problems solved, assessments given, and time saved! Here’s the updated article for you to review. Thanks Pat Granchelli, from Millis, MA for this wonderful suggestion!
4) Ability for admins to see if students are engaged in a classroom:
This new enhancement will allow you to quickly see # of students engaged in a classroom ensuring that active classrooms stay intact as you manage the account. This enhancement was brought to you by the admins at Jefferson Leadership Academy in Long Beach, CA. Thanks guys for the idea!
5) Ability to easily locate school and district shared content:
Locating school and district shared content is super easy now! Simply navigate to the content library. Then click on Custom Assessments and Learning Paths (Lessons and more coming soon). Choose the “Shared” Tab and all content shared with those in your school and district will be visible. Many thanks to the Professional Learning Community in Grandview Middle School, MN for sharing their insightful feedback which will now benefit all users!
6) 5-minute game restriction per attempt:
Gone are the unlimited game plays! Students are crafty and while we think a little playtime is fun, we know how important it is for you to get them focused and on task. Now when students play a game, at the 5 minute mark, they will get the following message. This suggestion was brilliantly articulated by Canfield Local, OH teachers and Hastings, MN teachers. Thanks!
We hope you’ll enjoy these improvements and save more time every day! Please continue to send us your feedback – no matter how small or trivial – that is how you can help us improve ScootPad and make it more relevant and effective for you.
The ScootPad Team