Over the last five years, ScootPad has released many new features and user experience improvements. For the last few months, we’ve been working to simplify ScootPad even further while retaining the key functionality you frequently use and adding new capabilities you requested. The changes highlighted in this post are the first part in a series of improvements that you will see in the next few months as we bring you a much simpler and easier ScootPad to use starting next school year 2017-2018.
Below is a summary of the changes (with mockups) that all ScootPad users will begin to see starting in early May.
Brand New Homepage
- New homepage design to help you collaborate with other teachers and administrators from your school/district community
- New Mentor program to help you find expert advice and answers to your quick questions on how to use ScootPad and other best practices
- Ease of managing your current and old classrooms with a few clicks right from your homepage
- Recent notifications to alert you about important actions warranting your attention
Improved Classroom Dashboard
- New classroom dashboard design to bring more features to the forefront and accessible at your fingertips with one to two clicks
- New activity stream showing recent student activity across key subject areas
- New feature to set weekly goals and engage students in achieving and exceeding those goals continously week after week
- Intervention alerts warranting your attention towards those concepts and students needing your help
- Leaderboard and classroom settings are now integrated into your classroom dashboard making it easy for you to review and make changes quickly
Improved Student Dashboard
- New student dashboard design to bring the tasks to complete front and center
- New goals feature to engage and motivate students to continously practice on a weekly basis and achieve/exceed the weekly goals
- Classwall and leaderboard are now integrated into the dashboard making it easy for students to review and engage in conversations quickly
We will have short videos explaining these new changes when they release in early May. As always, we welcome your feedback, suggestions and ideas – start a live chat from your account or simply submit a support request.
The ScootPad Team