We’re proud to announce that ScootPad has signed the Student Privacy Pledge to continue our commitment to safeguard student data.
The Pledge was introduced by The Future of Privacy Forum (FPF) and the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) to safeguard student privacy regarding the collection, maintenance, and use of student personal information. ScootPad joins other notable K-12 technology pioneers such as Follett, Edmodo, and Microsoft.
The Pledge will hold service providers accountable to:
– Not sell student information
– Not behaviorally target advertising
– Use data for authorized education purposes only
– Not change privacy policies without notice and choice
– Enforce strict limits on data retention
– Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
– Provide comprehensive security standards
– Be transparent about collection and use of data
ScootPad has always made student privacy our #1 priority and we constantly strive to improve the ways we serve our community of schools, districts, and families.
As always, please feel free to reach out to us via live chat, email email@example.com, or give us a call at 1-800-994-0706 with any questions!