With the holiday season in full effect, we would like to wish everyone a relaxing break from their every day hustle and bustle. May everyone have a holiday break full of laughter, peace, and love.
We’ve also compiled a short list of games to include in your holiday celebrations. Enjoy!
1. Charades–This one never gets old. Form two teams. Decide how many rounds will be played. One person from either team will act out a movie, book, person, etc.–holiday related– for their team members until the the timer (60 seconds) runs out. Then the next team goes. Whichever team has the most points at the end, wins!
2. Scavenger Hunt–Have the kids draw various holiday themed pictures, and have the host hide these all over the house for friends and family to find. The person who finds the most pictures wins a special prize!
3. Unwrap the gift–The host chooses a gift fit for any guest and wraps it in several layers of wrapping paper (6-10 layers). Ask your guests to sit in a circle and pass around this gift. Similar to musical chairs, one person will be turning on and off the music as they please, and every time the music stops, the person holding the gift at that moment will remove a layer. Whoever opens the last layer of wrapping paper, gets to keep that gift!
4. Holiday word-mania–Everyone will need a writing utensil and scratch paper for this one! The host either chooses or asks for a word pertaining to the holiday. He/She says it out loud and everyone has to write as many words as they can using the letters within that word, before the timer (60 seconds) runs out!
5. Draw & write–This hilarious game will keep your holiday events jolly! Each guest will need a writing utensil and scratch paper. Each person will now write a sentence (it could be anything) at the top of the page, and then pass their paper to the person on their left. The new person holding the paper will illustrate that sentence. Then, this same person will fold over the top of the paper–so that only their picture is showing–before passing it to their left again. This new person must write a sentence describing the picture–fold the page to hide everything but their sentence–, and so on, until the original paper gets back to the first owner. Enjoy reading the hilarious document once it comes back to you!
There you have it! Wishing everyone a joy-filled holiday season!