We’re moving the totally revamped ScootPad release date to 22nd September 2014. This additional 2 weeks of time was added to the original release schedule mainly to accommodate the following requests:
» Extra time for all to purchase and lock-in licenses at the current low prices (prices are set to increase)
» Extra time for our engineering team to add more features requested and voted by many of you
» Extra time for our user experience team to thoroughly test and resolve issues before the release
Scheduled Maintenance Downtime: ScootPad will be down for maintenance (i.e. new release) between these times: 8PM PST Friday 19th Sep 2014 Until 8PM PST Sunday 21st Sep 2014. Reminders will be send 24hrours prior to the maintenance start time. Please make a note of this schedule.
We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to work hard to deliver a totally revamped ScootPad which is guaranteed to make it much easier to use and save you more time.
If you have any concerns or questions about this new schedule, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-666-3106 (9-5 PST M-F). Thanks again for your cooperation and patience!
Posted by scootpadinfo . on September 2, 2014
As previously announced, we’re releasing a totally revamped ScootPad on September 8th, 2014. While this release will improve the user experience and enable a ton of new features, it does introduce some changes to the Basic/Free Classroom(s).
Changes to Basic/Free Classrooms ONLY:
» Number of students will be limited to 50 per classroom
» Adaptive (Learning Path) based practice will no longer be available
» Assignments in Math and ELA will be limited to concepts from one grade level and must be manually assigned
» Reports and proficiency data/insights will no longer be available
To minimize the impact of this change/transition, we will automatically extend a 30-day free Lite Premium license to those with existing basic/free classrooms.
The Lite Premium license will let you continue to use all existing features of the basic/free classroom while giving you access to a ton of additional features such as spelling, writing, reading logs etc. Should you decide to continue using these features beyond the 30-days, you can upgrade your classrooms to Premium (Lite or Ultra) for as long as you like. Alternatively, you can continue to use the basic/free classrooms (with limited features) for as long as you like.
We hope you make a note of these important upcoming changes and make necessary plans. Should you have any further questions/concerns, you can email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-666-3106 (9-5 PST M-F).
Posted by scootpadinfo . on August 27, 2014
We can’t wait for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year! We have a TON of great new features in store for you! We want to share a few things with you to help you get your school or classroom ready.
Teachers: New to ScootPad?
- Create a brand new classroom from your Teacher Dashboard (you’ll receive our Ultra Premium Plan Free for 30-days for the first classroom)
- Enroll your students, link parents, print student sign in cards and much more from the Students tab
- Watch our teacher training video or join a FREE Back to School Teacher Webinar to learn how best to leverage ScootPad for your classroom
Teachers: Used ScootPad Last Year?
- “Archive” your old classroom – this can be done under the classroom Customize tab (this will clear past classroom data and prepare your classroom for new students)
- Delete your old classroom – this can be done from your dashboard. Only basic, non-upgraded classrooms can be deleted. (warning: deleting a classroom of students will also delete the student accounts if not attached to a parent account)
- Delete or Move old students – Move students to a new classroom or delete students (warning: this will delete the student account if the student is not attached to a parent account)
- Use your existing classroom or create a brand new classroom from your Teacher Dashboard
- Enroll new students, link parents, print student sign in cards and much more under the Students tab
- Enroll students with ScootPad accounts by sharing your classroom code (found in Customize tab) and having students join the classroom (from the settings page of student account)
- Watch our teacher training video or join a FREE Back to School Teacher webinar to learn how best to leverage ScootPad for your classroom
Parents: Setup your child’s account
- Create a brand new student account for your child from your Parent Dashboard (you’ll receive the Silver Engagement Plan Free for 30-days for the first child)
- If your child already has an account on ScootPad, update your child’s grade level – this can be done under the Customize tab
- If your child’s teacher has a classroom on ScootPad, request a “Parent Invitation Letter” from the teacher (follow instructions to enroll your child in the classroom)
- Watch our parent training video or join a FREE Back to School Parent webinar to learn how best to leverage ScootPad for your child
School/District Administrators: Signup for a FREE Admin Account
- Signup for a Free Admin Account for your School or District
- Add Teacher Accounts and Classrooms. Bulk upload students into classrooms
- Watch our admin training video or join a FREE Back to School Admin webinar to learn how best to leverage ScootPad for your school/district
School/District Administrators: Trying to Clear Out Students, Classrooms, or Teachers?
- Teacher accounts can be “removed” (or disconnected) from the school through an administrator account, but only the teacher can delete his/her account.
- Classrooms can only be deleted if they have zero students enrolled and have not been paid to be upgraded through a teacher’s account
- Student accounts can be moved from an admin account, but cannot be deleted from an admin account.
- To learn even more, join a FREE Back to School Admin webinar.
For more information, visit www.ScootPad.com or click below:
Need help with the process? Give us a call 1-888-666-3106 (Option 1, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm PST) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes for the new school year!
Posted by scootpadinfo . on August 1, 2014
This August, we’re introducing a brand new design and a ton of new features making it easier to engage students and accelerate learning than ever before. You’ll enjoy:
Every page has been redesigned to be easier to use with intuitive navigation.
The new design adjusts to perfectly fit your desktop, tablet or mobile phone screen.
Interactive instruction to help students learn common core concepts easily.
20+ unique question formats (more than both PARCC and SBAC combined!).
Features You Wanted
New and enhanced features most requested by admins and teachers!
More Payment Options
Online ordering of site licenses and classroom plans. Pre-pay or pay as you go!
To help you get a head start for the new school year with ScootPad, we will be announcing free webinars and training sessions shortly. Stay Tuned!
Posted by scootpadinfo . on July 23, 2014
Please join us in welcoming our 2014 Summer Interns! They have joined us from all over the country to work on some interesting projects and to make an impact on millions of students using ScootPad!
“Hey! I’m from Seminole, Florida and am a sophomore in high school. I like to listen to music, play sports, and watch movies.”
“Hello! I am currently a senior in high school and am from Campbell, California. I really enjoy working at ScootPad because everyone is super nice, helpful and the program is just great! During my time off work, I enjoy hanging with friends, listening to music, and gaming some. If you play Clash of Clans and read this, join my clan! PAX-13. Now have a great day.”
“Hey! My name is Connor and I am currently a junior in high school. I’m from Saratoga, California and I love listening to music and playing sports.”
“Hi, my name is Kevin, and I am currently a junior at a high school in Gotham… sorry it’s actually in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I enjoy running, drawing, playing the piano, and fighting crime ehm I mean coding. I’m super excited to be working at ScootPad this summer, and I already exceeded the 1-2 sentence limit for this post, so bye!”
“Hi! I am a junior in high school and live in San Jose, California. I enjoy spending time with other people and I love to eat. :-) “
Posted by scootpadinfo . on July 16, 2014
We know how tight school budgets can be so we wanted to share some fundraising options to help you get ScootPad for your school or classroom. We recommend setting up a fundraiser through Donors Choose, through ScootPad, or through both!
ScootPad teachers have had great success raising funds through DonorsChoose, an online charity open to thousands across the world.
Ms. Mini (Imagine South Lake Charter School, Clermont, FL), for example, recently added a fundraiser for a ScootPad subscription for her students.
You can also easily setup a free fundraiser on ScootPad!
You can share with your community through your school webpage, Twitter, Facebook or Twitter.
The securely donated funds are immediately added to your account!
To set up a fundraiser on DonorsChoose: http://www.donorschoose.org/
To set up a fundraiser on ScootPad: Click on upgrade in your teacher account and then select “fundraiser”
Posted by scootpadinfo . on July 9, 2014
Sign up for a FREE Admin account for chance to win an iPad Mini!
(June 29th – July 12th)
Going to ISTE? Stop by and we can sign up for you!
(Ed Tech Start-Up Pavilion booth #1826)
Posted by scootpadinfo . on June 27, 2014
ScootPad will be at the ISTE Conference this year in Atlanta, Georgia! Look for us at the Ed Tech Start-Up Pavilion booth #1826 June 29th and 30th! Please stop by and say hello to the ScootPad team!
About the ISTE Conference
This year’s conference will be held at the Georgia World Conference Center in Atlanta. Teachers and educators will have the opportunity to network with other educators and companies. ISTE also offers a multitude of professional development opportunities that will help strengthen skills to support digital age learning!
iPad Raffle: Sign Up for a FREE Admin Account for a chance to win an iPad
Make sure you stop by our booth to enter our drawing for a chance to win an iPad Mini!
Not able to attend? Simply have your principal/admin sign up for a FREE admin account by July 1st to be entered!
Sign up here: https://www.scootpad.com/static/school
For more information about ISTE 2014: https://www.isteconference.org/2014/glance/
To register for ISTE 2014: https://www.isteconference.org/2014/attend/
Posted by scootpadinfo . on June 20, 2014
The ScootPad team was overjoyed to receive these beautiful, well written thank you letters from Mindy Shaw’s 5th Grade Classroom!
Mrs. Shaw is a 5th grade teacher at Riverside Elementary in Chattaroy, Washington. She is also an active member of our Teacher Advisory Board and has been using ScootPad with her classroom over the past year. We are so happy to see ScootPad is making such a big difference in her students’ learning!
We would like to share some of the kind and encouraging words with you:
“This program improved my skills both in math, and in reading.”
“When I move up a unit, it’s a challenge at first, but then I understand the concepts.”
“I thought I could never get better at math, but you guys helped me by letting us use ScootPad.”
“Thank you for helping me be a better math and reading student.”
“I have become a great learner from your program.”
“I have fun and learn at the same time.”
“Thank you guys for letting me challenge myself in the math and reading”
“You have made me feel special for going to the next level”
We want to give a final big “Thank You!” to Mrs. Shaw’s classroom! You and other students like you are the inspiration behind everything we do!
We hope ScootPad has made an impact on your classroom, too! We would love for you to share your experience with us on our “Love ScootPad” page: https://www.scootpad.com/love
Or you can write to us:
1551 McCarthy Blvd, Suite 114
Milpitas, CA 95035
Posted by scootpadinfo . on June 17, 2014